NW PA Coyote Study

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by eplatz1, Nov 12, 2011.

1. eplatz1

eplatz1 New Egg

Nov 12, 2011
    https://sites.google.com/site/coyotestudy/

As coyote become part of Pennsylvania's natural landscape, Pennsylvanians are interacting with coyote, and sometimes for the first time. Unfortunately, there is very little research on coyote in PA, and even less on the coyote-human relationship in PA. Therefore, the purpose of this survey is to fill some of those gaps with the knowledge and opinions of people from the NW PA region. We are specifically looking at the northwestern Pennsylvania area, but are more than happy to collect data from anyone in western PA. We are hoping to get an overview of potential coyote population, hunting methods, coyote behavior towards humans, peoples' opinions and knowledge of coyote, and other general coyote-human interactions in NW PA to help fill the research gap.

You do not have to be a hunter to take this survey. Please feel free to pass it along to your family and friends. Everyone's opinion is important.

Thank you for your time!!

https://sites.google.com/site/coyotestudy/

2. eplatz1

eplatz1 New Egg

Nov 12, 2011
    I have had a few message boards where people thought this was spam, so I want to make it clear that I am doing research, not posting links for the fun of it. [​IMG]

We are trying to do research and we need opinions. I am a student at Edinboro University of PA and I am working with a professor in order to complete this coyote study. We want lots of opinions, so I figured that I would post it on message boards and try to get people to respond. This study will be published in a scientific journal and we are also giving the analysis of the results at a conference in NYC in February

3. madmantrapper

madmantrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Maryland
    Contact Ned Weston at the Pa Trappers Assoc. [email protected]

He can fill you in everything you want to know or guide you in the right direction.

4. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

anybody doing this kinda research in Illinois? We have way too many coyote here!

5. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
  6. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa
    I lost 9 lambs to coyotes 5 years ago. 2 were part of my youngest daughters 4H project. I called in a predator hunter and with 20 minutes he knew where the den was. 4 days later when conditions were correct he came a killed them both. We hear coyotes all the time but have chosen to not hunt or trap any close to home. If the ones close to home are not killing our chickens or sheep they live. If we have predation of any sort I deal with it immediately. I feel if we kill the ones that are leaving livestock alone the next ones to move in may be prone to killing livestock. So live and let live and when they do kill anything on our place they die.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by