NY-Black split to paint Silkie pair-Can ship

FishMtFarm

Emu whisperer
Jan 2, 2017
Lake Pleasant, NY
Hatched 7/2017, this pair is from paint breeding. They have silver leakage in their wings which is beneficial to taking the red leakage out of your paints. These two should start breeding in a couple of months. They have a ton of pin feathers so will fill out a lot more in a month or so. I am NPIP and can ship temperatures pending. Asking $125 for the pair.
IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG

Your birds are pretty, love the blue ears! :love

I get that paint is a project color and that you are NPIP.. but that seems like a high price for birds you are culling from your breeding program that aren't even paint, but paint split. :confused:

Guess I'm lucky not to have red bleed through in mine. You probably know your market better than me. Have you checked them for split wing yet? Is your price including shipping?

How broody is your line? Excessively or not too bad? I need to breed out some of my broodiness. :barnie

Anyways, I mean no ugliness.. just discussion. Best wishes with new homes! :fl

Your birds are pretty, love the blue ears! :love

I get that paint is a project color and that you are NPIP.. but that seems like a high price for birds you are culling from your breeding program that aren't even paint, but paint split. :confused:

Guess I'm lucky not to have red bleed through in mine. You probably know your market better than me. Have you checked them for split wing yet? Is your price including shipping?

How broody is your line? Excessively or not too bad? I need to breed out some of my broodiness. :barnie

Anyways, I mean no ugliness.. just discussion. Best wishes with new homes! :fl

Oh I definately would keep for my breeding program but I have 60 birds. If I didn't have so many they would be keepers. I ask a little more cause mine are DNA sexed so you are definately getting big a male and female. My males have small combs so unless the crow, it's hard to tell until they mature a little more.

They don't have split wing. Price does not include shipping.

I haven't had any of my paints go broody...yet but they are all under two so maybe it's just that they are young. Have a merry Christmas!

I guess one other thing...

Are these two from the same parents... aka brother and sister? And how closely related are the parent stock? Thanks again.

They are not brother and sister. My roosters came from different farms across the country from where's my various hens came from. All my hens so far are unrelated.

Oh I definately would keep for my breeding program but I have 60 birds. If I didn't have so many they would be keepers. I ask a little more cause mine are DNA sexed so you are definately getting big a male and female. My males have small combs so unless the crow, it's hard to tell until they mature a little more.

They don't have split wing. Price does not include shipping.

I haven't had any of my paints go broody...yet but they are all under two so maybe it's just that they are young. Have a merry Christmas!
Nice, that's a hefty size flock. :) I did have 82 at one time, including boys that were growing out. It's actually a little bit easier to manage than smaller flocks. They seem to do a little better adjusting to minor changes.

Any pictures available of the parent stock and the males combs? Are they mulberry or red in color? Do they have sprigs? My boys are usually pretty obvious early on (12 weeks). 1 of my boys even began crowing and trying to mate at only 8 weeks old. But that isn't common, thankfully!

That's nice that your paints haven't been broody. I actually wouldn't expect them to if they haven't already. My blue and black girls all went broody within 3 weeks of starting to lay. And practically every 3 weeks since then. Sometimes after only the 3rd egg! :hmm

I let them raise chicks, but I can only accommodate so many birds per year.

I've been looking for Lavender (self blue) Silkies, if you happen to have any or come across them.

Thank you for the replies. I hope you have a happy Christmas as well!

Nice, that's a hefty size flock. :) I did have 82 at one time, including boys that were growing out. It's actually a little bit easier to manage than smaller flocks. They seem to do a little better adjusting to minor changes.

Any pictures available of the parent stock and the males combs? Are they mulberry or red in color? Do they have sprigs? My boys are usually pretty obvious early on (12 weeks). 1 of my boys even began crowing and trying to mate at only 8 weeks old. But that isn't common, thankfully!

That's nice that your paints haven't been broody. I actually wouldn't expect them to if they haven't already. My blue and black girls all went broody within 3 weeks of starting to lay. And practically every 3 weeks since then. Sometimes after only the 3rd egg! :hmm

I let them raise chicks, but I can only accommodate so many birds per year.

I've been looking for Lavender (self blue) Silkies, if you happen to have any or come across them.

Thank you for the replies. I hope you have a happy Christmas as well!

I do have photos. I'll on you. The combs are mulberry and no sprigs. My blues, partridge and one of my whites is broody. Actually have eggs hatching today.

I don't have lavender, I have blue creams/porcelains.

Back
Top Bottom