Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
12 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
This year's chickenstock is hosted by @LuvMyChicks1491.

Date: 5/4/19
Time: 11 am to ???

Time again to start planning the yearly NY Chickenstock! This year LuvMyChicks1491 will be hosting at her place in DeRuyter. There will be food, a raffle, and of course a lot of chatting about chickens! Please plan to bring a dish for the potluck and something to donate to the raffle if you are coming.

Click here for a list of what everyone will have for sale, what everyone is donating for the raffle, and what everyone is bringing for the potluck. Please let me know what you'll have and I will add you to the list.

Well provided I have some help that day, I have a chicken coop and possibly some olive egger chicks to bring, or even maybe some emu chicks, but don’t know if they will be hatched in time or not.

I may or may not be able to come :( I start a new job tomorrow (what I went to college for, woo!) but I have to work every other Saturday for them, and this might fall on one of my Saturdays.

Sam will you have a grill going or ?
If yes I can bring Hoffman hotdogs & rolls ?
I can bring flower plants if anyone is interested ?
Day Lilies ( different colors ) , Spearmint , Rose of Sharon baby trees ,
Jerusalem Artichokes
For the raffle I have odds and ends ...
A metal basket for eggs , misc kitchen things , chick suncatcher to color ,
2 kids Geese T shirts , chick sun wiggle thing , ( it moves with sun light ) , Doggie Shaped photo frame

I’ll bring macaroni something: if it’s hot, Mac salad; if it’s cold, mac n cheese.
Will also be bringing a young fellow chicken enthusiast, teen boy that is really into his Game Birds. Not sure if hubby and daughter will attend yet.
Also see DeRuter Co-op farm store is having a customer appreciation sale.

There is less then 2 weeks till the picnic.... There seem to be only a few of us that are going to be able to make it. I have cancelled the potty. Didn't make sense to have it with so few people. With it seeming that there will be less then 10 people you can use the restroom in the house. If more decided to come I can always call them back.

The question I have is with the turnout looking to be so poor, do we want to cancel it all together or perhaps change the date till later in the year in the hopes to see if more people would be able to make it. I know that I look forward to seeing everyone and you all are always welcome here regardless if it is a big picnic or just for a visit..

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Back
Top Bottom