NY- One hen possibly available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by s6bee, Feb 12, 2008.

1. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    My Deleware is one step closer to finding a new home. She's top dog in the coop and causing injury to the others. She would be fine I think if added to a bigger flock. She's a 7 mo. old laying hen. I only have a flock of 5 hens and in a small tractor, which I believe is the issue. Free ranging would probobly suit her best.
    I'd like to have a back up plan in case she does this again. Or advise on how to deal with this till summer when we can hopefully build a larger coop.

We are located just East of the City of Rochester, NY

Stephanie

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Is there anyway you could buy a small crate for her? That way she can be by herself till you can build a coop.

3. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Oh gosh she'd never shut up. She can be a bit vocal at times. I'll see what we can do. It's a love hate relationship I have with her. She is always willing to have you pick her up, pet her, etc. Never really shy's away, but I think the coop is just too small and winter is no where near over. We'll see what happens. I just was hoping I could find her a home with someone from BYC, there just isn't a lot of members from here.

Thanks

4. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I might be interested, let me think about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by