NY Swap!!!

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Ok well I think it would be cool if we could get people together for an upstate NY chicken swap.

I know I can get people around here to go.

If we can get enough people I can get a spot.

~Bryan

Last edited:

Sachasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Upstate NY
Other than the couple auctions I've been to, I haven't seen any! I would love it if there was a monthly swap someplace close (or heck, even in NY!) I'm jealous of all these people who have swaps every month!

I'd much rather sell my eggs/chicks at an auction, show or swap than have odd people show up on my doorstep from Craigslist!

I was talking to someone at the auction yesterday about how there are just tons of rabbit shows, but not too many chicken shows.

lisathenorth

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2009
I have found it a bit strange that there is not very many Chicken Shows/ Swaps in New York. I have been looking for Silkies, and I have had a tough time finding any.
Lisa:)

Sachasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Upstate NY
Quote:
I know, what's up with that?
wink.png

I picked up a lovely pair of Exhibition White Silkies, the hen of course is now not laying (or is she broody either!) I had a dozen Silkie eggs, and of course could not get one to hatch (cuz I stink at hatching!) I'm on the hunt for one or two more whites, I have been checking out the auctions, and of course most of them come in pairs ( I don't think I need anouther Roo, LOL)

I have 11 Blue Silkie chicks, no clue yet if they are decent or what they are yet, I'll probably hold onto them for at least another 2 months before I decide which ones I want!
lol.png

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
I am so in! I am in upstate-near saranac lake -Lake Placid? anyone-true upstate-Ive been begging for something like this for a year! I have Bo's-chicks-24 due to hatch next week! lots of them!

BBK

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
upstate NY
I'm south of Albany about 30 miles...would love to go to a chick swap:fl....I wouldn't go to buffalo either, it's like 5-6 hour run,too far.
melinda

Top Bottom