NYD Hatch "Only Chicks"

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CaraDD, Jan 2, 2013.

1. CaraDD

CaraDD Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2012
    Dry side of Oregon
    How many people other than me got only one chick out of their hatch? I am so sad for her.

2. cochins1088

cochins1088 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Southern Minnesota
    I only had one but I opened up the dead eggs this morning and one was still alive. I managed to save the little guy and he's fluffing out and walking around as we speak. I am so thank-ful that he hatched because we are leaving on a week long trip and I can't bring him with. I would hate to leave him alone, but now they have each other.

I did, however, end up with a lone chick earlier this year. He was my sweetest chick ever. He followed me around everywhere, snuggled with me for hours, and would jump into my hand at every oppurtunity. The hard part was sleeping. He cried and cried every moment that I wasn't there, so I had to carry him everywhere to keep him happy. But at night, he would chirp so loudly all night long. I mean, he couldn't sleep with me. I'd be scared of crushing him. Either way, I would do it again. He was the sweetest thing ever and I will never forget that.

Good Luck with your little guy!

3. CaraDD

CaraDD Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2012
    Dry side of Oregon
    Thanks! So far so good. She sleeps at night all cuddled up to her sock of rice and only really calls when she hears us talking and moving around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by