O.K. I can't regulate ANYTHING!

AnniesEggFarm

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
So I spent 3 days getting set up, finally get great #'s for 12 hours... Pop in the little buggers, on day 3 now and my temps and humidity are everywhere
ep.gif
barnie.gif
ep.gif
barnie.gif
.... I go from 98 to 103, humidity much worse..... By the time I get in stable and staying that way it is time to turn the eggs, then it happens all over again!!!! I have a hovabator, probably 20 years old, but only used twice by my husband in elem. school..... Any suggestions ? ? ? ?
bow.gif
bow.gif

Jenn

have you tried to place them in cardboard cartons with the top cut off and a dime size hole cut in each egg slot and place the eggs in the with the small end down and just tilt the cartons in the bator to 30 deg? that will make it faster to turn, or you can just tilt the hole bator to 30 deg if you place a real small sponge to hold water in place ( when eggs are in cartons) this is how i did it before i got a turner. and is your temps at 101?
william

I am considering putting them in egg cartons to speed up my turning process??? Good, Bad ???
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
..... If I do that any suggestions on how???? Thanks
thumbsup.gif

I think I need to stop with the smiley faces....

Jenn

It looks like we replied at the same time... I am aiming for 101, which I get when I am home baby sitting it... I think I will try the slant or egg cartons tomorrow a.m. with their next turn... I hope I haven't already caused too much damage.....
fl.gif

jenn

they will be ok i am sure, just don't stress to much about the humidty, i aways aim for 30 to 40% for days 1-18, then 45-55% days 18-till hatch done, and have in all my bators now alto turners, but before i used that way and got real good hatches ( about 90%), but for less than ten buck you can take a pc fan and cell phone carger make it a forced air bator, take about five mimutes to do. but would not want to do in middle of haveing eggs in bator.
william

I did the tilting method once with success. I put the eggs in cartons inside the incubator and put a piece of 2x4 underneath one side of the incubator to tilt the whole thing. Then I moved to to the other side to tilt the other way. Took about 5 seconds to change the tilt each time.

I had a sponge inside directly underneath one of the vent holes so that I could use a syringe to dribble water onto the sponge without opening the incubator.

chel

Thanks for all the replies, I am putting them in cartons this morning
fl.gif
Of course this morning i am at my target for everything, but that will change the second I try to flip the suckers.... What a nice little experiment!
he.gif

jenn

So I put them in cartons and am going to do the angle thing... But I had 2 extra eggs and not enough room in bator for another carton so I cracked them and.... The are fertile!!!!!! Yippie, we were worried, we have never seen anybody doing the deed
love.gif
!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Jenn

Back
Top Bottom