O no Blood in poop what is it ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crzychicken, May 7, 2009.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    [​IMG] I just got 20 day old chicks one and I don't know which one seems to have a little blood in the poop is this normal or is there something wrong?[​IMG] I hope she is fine

2. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    a pic can say 1000 words

3. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Here, check this website out. There are a bunch of chicken poo pictures, and it shows a variety of normal poos and the ones that aren't normal, it says what is wrong. Someone posted this in another BYC thread that was discussing chick poo

I hope this helps you out, and I wish I had advice to give you....I am a newbie who is still waiting on my chicks [​IMG].

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

4. citygrl74

citygrl74 New Egg

May 7, 2009
    Pinellas, FL
    Yuck, maybe chicken poop will not go in my garden

5. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    crzychicken, keep a close eye on them. Sometimes they will have a tiny bit of blood in the poop from straining and bursting a blood vessel. However, if it continues you shuld definitely be concerned. I know the most common problem that causes bloody poo is coccidiosis but that will usually put down a young chick pretty fast.

This is a great reference site as well, it covers all kinds of abnormalities, though it doesn't have all the simpler explanations in some cases, just the major ones.

http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/diagext.htm

It's more geared toward full grown chickens but it is a good reference to have anyways.

6. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Quote:[​IMG] Another site to add to my chicken reference folder [​IMG] Very good information on that site [​IMG]

7. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:chook poo straight on a garden will burn the plants u have to compost it for a couple of months for it to be usable

8. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    It was a tiny bit the 1st one almost looked like skin and so far I only have seen 2 dropping and the 2nd one there was a tiny tiny spec of what looked like blood. I didn't take a pic of but if i see some more I will and post it.
    Thank you for the web sites there are very interesting and helpful

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by