O-Shamo Chicks (lots of pics)

sleepy

Songster
9 Years
Aug 17, 2010
Palmdale,Ca
heres my O-Shamo chicks i got forsale 4.5 months old from Jim Zook bloodline dad is weaten and mom is weaten color but got dom genes pullets comeout weaten and stags are very beautiful with weaten and dom colors

#1 stag
slowpoke91003.jpg

#2 stag
slowpoke91010.jpg

and the 2 pullets
slowpoke91008.jpg

there mom
O-Shamohen25014.jpg

dad
myphotos043-Copy.jpg

brother
w011.jpg

my 5 year old nephew with there brother and sister 5.5 months old O-Shamo
sleepy001.jpg

u010.jpg

u007.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought those were cool birds. Just how tall and heavy is a full grown O-shamo? Hen and roo? I also heard they take years to mature.

I can just imagine a large flock of those velociraptors wrecking havage through a forest, as they rip up any animal they find to shreds. They look so prehistoric.

Quote:
My O-Shamo roo is 26-27 inches tall and 12lbs i dont know how tall is my O-Shamo hen beacuse she with her chicks now so don' t want to interupt her but she weigh 8-9lbs

Last edited:
Wow, very neat birds! O-shamo are such a cool and unique breed, it's always interesting to see them! I like the barred ones especially--mom is beautiful! Thanks for sharing these guys, they're unusual to see and I like looking at them. They remind me of dinosaurs!

Quote:
Thanks Silverphoenix i really like this breed aswell out of my other oriental breeds i like how the O-Shamo rooster protects the flock against anything hawks, dogs, even me
lol.png

I think these are just the funniest chickens ever. I laugh every time I see a pick of one.

Can you tell me why they were bred with this body type? What is the purpose of this breed? Are they purely ornamental?

Quote:
Hi wildflowers, This breed its not ornamental what so ever this breed is an oriental breed for fighting.
The breed was originally brought into Japan from Thailand in the seventeenth century - the name referring to Siam, the old name for Thailand. In Japan it was developed into a distinctive fighting bird of courage and ferocity.
Its posture is very upright, with prominent shoulders, powerful bone structure, muscular build and sparse hard feather, which all together make it an impressive and striking bird.
Hope this helps
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom