Obama is close to being Impeached

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Matthew3590, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Articles of impeachment are being placed on Obama. Since the president and the Secretary of Defense feel that going through Congress is not needed and they have the UN for that and asking Congress is now "Ceremonial".
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.CON.RES.107: Bill proposed by Rep. Jones, Walter

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    So what's your point?

3. Matthew3590

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    To let you know that the mainstream media is not covering it.

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Oh goody. Throw the so and so out!! Before you do that, take a good look at what there is available to replace him with. Compared with the present slate of presidential contenders, GWB was a positive genius. I never thought I would ever say that. BTW, I am a registered Republican I am ashamed to admit.

5. shadowmane

shadowmane Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm a Republican too. And I would just have to ask... do you really want Joe Biden to be President? I mean, come on. Really?

6. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I can't for the life of me imagine an impeachable offense that has been committed.
    This is the most squeeky clean presidency we've had in my lifetime of 60 years except for perhaps Gerald Ford's and Jimmy Carter's.
    And this president made sure if there was a helicopter malfunction, that there was backup.

Stay away from Faux News and get the facts straight.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  7. Matthew3590

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Fox news or any other news outlet is not covering this. Saying UN is better than Congress for a legal bases to go to war is a high crime and can be considered treason. It goes against Article 1 section 8 Clause 11 of the Constitution.

8. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    The President has the authority to act in order to defend our country. This is a simple truth, however; Panetta uses Libya and Bosnia as examples of when the President will exercise this authority. Neither one of these examples was a matter of defense for our nation. Libya was an example of using our military to allow assassination of a national leader and nothing else. The war in Libya is still raging, so the idea of going in to save lives was a lie.

As for this being an impeachable offense...well lets remember how the Democrats reacted when they found out President Nixon was using our military in foreign countries without Congressional approval. I am not defending Nixon and only use him as an example.

9. shadowmane

shadowmane Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote: The man has a point. The Secretary of Defense in the video did state that they would go to the UN, and not to Congress for authorization to make war. The Secretary stated that they would "let Congress know" after the fact. That's a direct breach of the separation of powers in the Constitution, and is an impeachable offense. Personally, I would just rather vote the rat out of office in November.

10. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I've never heard him say the UN is better than Congress.

George H. W. Bush, a pretty good president, went to the UN to get support for the first gulf war and got almost unanimous support. He was a true diplomat, unlike his son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by