1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Obedience high jump

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by dainerra, Feb 25, 2012.

1. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    pictures are in a later post...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    anyone know why my photobucket images will no longer show?

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I've got that problem too!

4. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    nice doing schutz?

6. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    I wish, but no SCH clubs close to me. With the kids at home, I can't make the 3+ hour drive (not counting time in class!). I'm doing rally and obedience with him.

The jump is actually for our club. We are starting an equipment co-op. We have free weekly classes and wanted to have everything we needed to work with. Anyone can donate equipment or money and join in. The stuff will be there to use and practice on. We have weaves/tunnels/chutes for agility. Several sets of cones. Rally signs. Bar jumps. Broad jumps. Pretty much everything! Another member is donating her kennel space for us to practice so we have an indoor area for bad weather and a large fenced outdoor area.

Every week we practice different things depending on what someone needs help with. If someone has a rally match coming up, we might be working on that. Other times we are doing basic obedience with someone to the side working on more advanced commands. We might be doing agility. We might do doing ??? :) keeps the dogs and the owners on their toes. I think it helps as well since the novice dogs are actually learning above their level in practice.

We are actually meeting today to go train at Orschelons. We try to do that a couple times a month as well. Gets the club in the public eye, makes a good impression when people meet well-behaved dogs, offers extra distractions for proofing behaviors.

7. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful dog and nice pics. I just signed up for agility with one of my collies. I've never done it but it looks like lots of fun.

8. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    oh you will have a BLAST in agility! It is really a great way of bonding with the dog.

9. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I want to train my dog. Maybe I could make some jumps like yours. Great pictures by the way.

10. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    We've been going to "Agility for Fun" with ou Icelandic Sheepdog. It's lots of fun. Nice pictures and dog. I need to make some equipment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by