obscure and/or totally random majors

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KDOGG331, Jul 2, 2010.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    i should just choose like some totally obscure or completly random major, it would be so much easier... lol [​IMG] [​IMG] no but like seriously i found this relatively old college book thing at my house (2005 ed of Peterson's Four Year Colleges) and towards the back (its a huuuuuuuuge book) they have majors and what schools (presumably out of this book) have them and also ive looked online and like on a couple schools websites and whatnot and like seriously though there are like TONS of majors, some of which i didnt even know existed or that you could even major in that and some of them are like so random too... lol [​IMG] like for example (and sorry if any you guys are taking/involved in any of these majors, i just think some of them are so random... lol), Administrative Assitant And Secretarial Science (you're majoring in how to be a secretary, theres a science behind that...?, thats what this major sounds like to me... lol), you can major in how to be an airline pilot and one of those air traffic people and air transport related things and stuff too, kinda cool i guess, a bunch of agriculteral and/or animal related majors and stuff too, Apparel and Textiles is one (and stuff related to that makes a few more, like the marketing of that stuff), Artificial Intelligence and Robots (there is seriously a legit major for that stuff...?), Ballet (you can major in dance form ?, cool for fun/hobbies and/or to watch maybe but to major in it...?), theres also studies for like all these different places and like random cultures and stuff the majors like blank studies or blank language or whatever, (theres even Canadian Government and Politics, Canadian History, and Canadian Studies, at some like random school(s) mostly in Canada... lol), theres also like tons of language ones and stuff too, idk im not gonna list all of em cause im only in the Cs and it would take forever to list all the random majors, but i think you get the point, there are A LOTTT of random majors out there..., i should just major in like russian or german or something, or just do einie meenie minie moe to pick a major, it would be so much easier... lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

*edited to add shoulder shrugging smiley... lol

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hubby is a Philosophy Major... he was a minor in Physics but he loathes math so he converted to Classics Major... thus taking Greek (Latin was the only other choice and he took that in HS)... and not normal Greek... oh no... he had to take Ancient Greek... so if Alexander the Great or Caesar come to town we'll be fabulous... but if we GO to Greece we'll be up a creek... like the professor who takes a group over there every year and has to bring a translator... [​IMG]

3. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

4. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:now where's Caesar when you need him... [​IMG] lol

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hitting the salad bar?

I find it a little scary that there's a site called the Unemployed Philosopher's Guild.... cool stuff though...

I was surprised to find that Phil's get hired for Human Resources, Medical Ethics Officers, etc.

DH wants to teach (majority of Phil majors do)... guess we'll see.

6. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Quote:I can tell that you have never built a robot or ai system.

7. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:lol. theres a website called that? lol i should look it up though sounds kinda cool though... Im taking philosophy next year, as a juinor in hs, teacher's wicked cool ,i had him for history this year, he teaches freshman and we were his only sophmore class this year (freshman take European/World History, sophmores take US History I then take Us History II next year as juinors) and he teaches philosophy too (juinors and senoirs), sounds like a pretty cool class and the teachers wicked cool/funny and i think a bunch of kids from my class this year are taking it too (some of them have already had him for 2 full years cause you could have him as a fresman and sophmore cause he teaches both plus if you take philosophy you can have him again, its a half year course though), should be interesting, we'll see...

8. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

and Tm, i know its like really difficult to build and stuff but it just doesnt seem like something you'd major in..., but actually i guess there is a lot of math involved and they need people for the fbi and stuff so i guess it makes sense they would have a major for it but still... [​IMG]

*edited for spelling

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine

and Tm, i know its like really difficult to build and stuff but it just doesnt seem like something you'd major in..., but actually i guess there is a lot of math involved and they need people for the fbi and stuff so i guess it makes sense they would have a major for it but still... [​IMG]

*edited for spelling

Personally it doesn't surprise me in the least. Think of the little robot vacuum cleaners, or the ones they send up in space. Not really something you can do with just a high school education, is it?

10. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:and Tm, i know its like really difficult to build and stuff but it just doesnt seem like something you'd major in..., but actually i guess there is a lot of math involved and they need people for the fbi and stuff so i guess it makes sense they would have a major for it but still... [​IMG]

*edited for spelling

Personally it doesn't surprise me in the least. Think of the little robot vacuum cleaners, or the ones they send up in space. Not really something you can do with just a high school education, is it?

no, i suppose not and i suppose somebody has to do it but still... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by