Occasionaly you just luck up

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by KDbeads, Sep 1, 2009.

1. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    We picked up a free stove today from a lady we know that is moving and needs it gone. While we were at her new place we got a tour... Attached to their barn is a massive coop and run which they will be converting into tractor storage. We were given all the feed/water hanging things along with a chick food tray and when they have time to dismantle we will be getting 2 nesting boxes that fit 6 birds each, WITH roosts! All free. May even get the chicken wire for free eventually [​IMG]

Which means, I don't have to build nesting boxes!! I can take the planter buckets out in a few weeks.

There is a possibility that we will be getting a lot of scrap lumber from them as well depending on if they decide to start adding on the new sewing room any time soon.

[​IMG]

I love it when it's free. And I have a WORKING stove now. I don't have to wonder if the burner is on or off (the little light got stuck in the on setting a few months ago), water won't boil on low, and the oven works every time you turn it on!

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. hoppychicken

hoppychicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    Virginia
    Life is good![​IMG]

4. Kieyamama

Kieyamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    NorCal
    What a blessing it is to be in the right place at the right time!

5. ERnoleGuy

ERnoleGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Nice to be you! [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I agree! No one gives ANYTHING away around here, but they expect you to charge them pennies of what something is worth!

Congrats!!

7. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    I'm just glad I got a stove!!! She gave us her old dishwasher a couple of weeks ago, just have to build a cabinet for it and hunt down the right parts for the sink drain along with supply and drain extensions.

Whoo hoo!!! I got a new stove!! The feeder and waterer weren't bad either [​IMG]

8. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by