Octagon 20 Advance auto turn with or without humidity pump?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cvstable, Jan 7, 2017.

1. cvstable

cvstable Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2013
    Hi all!

Was interested in those that have this set up, pros and cons with and without getting the humidity pump? I work 12-14 hr days plus an hour drive each way 3 days a week so I am looking for something accurate and self regulating. Any issues with settings? Looking at getting some new Orps, had no Idea Terry Disney had died, loved my birds I hatched out from him and he hand delivered me some as well. Any suggestions on nice Orp egg suppliers, I would love a mix. Located in North MS. Cross posted

2. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    I have the 20adv. and love it.

it gives me great hatch rates. I don't have the humidity pump. I went cheap.

then I came across dry incubation. where I don't add any water til lockdown as long as my humidity doesn't go below 20.

so I wouldn't need it anyway now.

as far as all the bells and whistles it has I only use the temp adjustment. but once it's set it holds rock solid.

out of mine so far no complaints. set and forget for 18 days.

1 person likes this.
  3. cvstable

cvstable Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2013
    Thanks! Do you do anything else besides chicken eggs? I see your turkey, beautiful!

4. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    yes I hatch turkey eggs. I have 24 turkeys. Bourbon reds, royal palms and narragansetts.

I also hatch cotournix quail and bobwhites.

have hatched all of the in my 20 adv. over the last few years

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by