Octagon 20 ECO question

hannakat

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Beaver County, PA
Hi! The incubator arrived today. However, I thought it was on a rocker stand but there is no stand. The ad mentioned an automatic turner but I didn't want that ($$$).

The paperwork that came with it is apparently geared towards the more expensive automatic so it's not much help.

I'm also confused about the humidity..... how do I know if it's correct? I feel so incredibly dumb today
hu.gif

HELP ease my fears!!!!

The Eco model is stripped down incubator; you will have to get a hygrometer to measure humidity yourself. The automatic turner is a sort of "rocker stand" so I don't know what you should get with the Eco. It doesn't need a stand due to its construction. That's why it is an octagon shape.

If you did not get the auto turner, then your incubator itself is the "rocker stand". You rotate it to one side and then to center and then to the other side and repeat. Hope that makes sense.

Okay, that makes sense. The whole unit is tipped to forward, base and then back. I think I understand it. Thanks!

I originally thought I had to open it and physically turn each egg, so this is a whole new thing for me....think I'm gonna like it.

(edited to add addtional thought cause I think sl-o-w)

Last edited:
yep you got it. One little pointer...don't fill the water chambers all the way to the top, when you tip to your side position, the water overflows. I fill about 3/4 of the way and it stays in.

Back
Top Bottom