Octagon 20 ECO w/autoturn cradle OR Genesis 1588 w/egg turner??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bellagracie, May 5, 2009.

1. Bellagracie

Bellagracie New Egg

Jan 18, 2009
    Hi, I am shopping for my first incubator and have narrowed it down to these two. They both cost about the same and I need your input.

I am planning on incubating chicken and quail eggs.

Your opinions and experiences with these units would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    1588 with turner. THEY ARE DESIGNED PRIMARILY FOR CHICKEN AND QUAIL.

3. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Dont have any expierance with the genesis. But the eco is a great incubator, it keeps a rock steady tempurature. Its pretty much set it and forget it. Its easy to clean and the only downfall is that it doesnt hold as many eggs. It also wont show as much wear and tear as a styrofoam incubator.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have a Brinsea 40, and it is great. Holds a constant temp, etc. I LOVE it.

I did order another incubator about 1-2 weeks ago, a Hovabator 1588. I have heard that it works great, and plus, it holds double the amount of eggs that the eco does. Hopefully I love it.

Supposedly, it was shipped out this morning.

5. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:There is no contest

Brinsea ECO 20

Can you compare Ford to a Cadillac?

Quite a few people here bought Brinsea ECO lately, all reported great hatches, one newbee hatched 100% of SHIPPED eggs!

I hatched 9 of 10 shipped eggs in mine.

My eggs cost me a small fortune, so I consider my Brinsea almost paid off for itself in the first hatch.

One more thing to consider: Durability

In few years Genesis will probably be dumped polluting the environment. How many cleanings styrofoam can take before it falls apart?

(styrofoam takes 500 years to decompose)

Brinsea ECO will still be humming happily hatching birds for many years to come.

Brinsea will hatch all kinds of eggs, without any extra trays or anything telse to buy.

Can be turned manually without opening the bator, or automatcally if you buy a craddle (turner)

Can be cleaned in dishwasher.

2 years warranty

On sale now $99.00 on Brinsea site.

I am tempted to buy second one but I resist since I really need a cabinet bator (dreaming Dickey)

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  6. Bellagracie

Bellagracie New Egg

Jan 18, 2009
    Thanks for all the input guys.

Does anybody know the chicken egg capacity of the Genesis 1588 with the egg turner?

7. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
  8. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    I am ordering an octagon eco with turner tomorrow ... I cannot wait for it to arrive! NEW BATOR PARTY!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sorry [​IMG] just a bit excited [​IMG]

9. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Welcome to the club! This baby will amaze you and hatch lots of healty chicks for you with no hassle of all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by