Octagon 20 {{* It's HERE*}} Test Hatch??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Happy Chicken Mama, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Anyone have the Octagon 20 ADVANCE?

Like it?

Hate it???

Thinking about getting one... my mouse is hovering over the buy button...

It will be our first incubator.

After this there is no holding us back...

Yippie!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:If the price is right for you, and the capacity is what you want, then here is what I think.

Money cannot buy a finer incubator than the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance. If it has the humidity unit good, if not, add it. I know the EX version has it included.

3. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Thanks for the reply twigg!

I woulddn't need to buy one if I had your shop and skills. Your coop is g.r.e.a.t!

I asked my husband if he wanted to make one (He has a shop as well), he said, "HECK NO - BUY ONE"!

I think he added a few extra words though... he he he.

Thanks... Anyone else have an opinion?

My finger is still hovering...

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I dont have a bator yet , still looking into it , home made store bought ect.
    I think if you like the looks of it and you really want to buy it and have read the info you can find on it , go for it , now if you will be eating ramen noodles for the next month to afford it then maybe go with something cheaper but if not I say buy . Sorry I am an enabler.[​IMG]

5. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    I am looking at the Octogan 20 advance as well. Where r u buying yours from? If I can't find one "gently" used..I'll buy new. Looking for the best price with shipping.

Dan

6. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Push the button....aaaauuuuwooooggga...dive, dive, dive!

7. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    ooooooohhh Did you do it ? Is it orderd? I am jelous , I have to wait one more day till i can ether order mine, I have decided if i buy one I am gonna do a LG still air from tractor supply co. to start off scince its just a 5-10 egg want to see hobby, or I am still considering makeing a chic chick bator ?

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    gabrielle...where r u located? When I buy my new Brinsea, I am going to sell my LG forced air bator with temp/humidity gauge for $45.00 plus shipping. I have used it once (right now) for hatching button quails that are due to pip next week.

Dan

9. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I have one and love it. My only issue is that it's very small. As my chicks hatched, I have to remove them once there are 3-4 in there, as there's just not room in them like in the styro. ones.

10. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    UAughugggugh!I should wait at least till the DH gets home so he can push the button with me!

I was planning on getting it just from the website. They have a special going right now. There is a guy who is selling them on eBay. He is close by & I thought if I picked it up it would be cheaper but he ships from somewhere else. There is a 40 on eBay right now!

He (the DH) thinks we should go ahead and get the cabinet incubator. "If we are going to do the thing then go ahead and do it!'

I think that then we are limited to hatching then every three weeks. We live in the city and can never hatch 180 chickens at once... no matter how much I want to. Then if I needed to we could get two incubators for the same as one cabinet.?.?.

I like you egg enablers! You rock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by