OCTOBER 22ND SWAP WINTER HAVEN, FL **CENTARL, FL area

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Sillystunt, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Well, looks like i am having my yearly swap this extra week in october. We welcome all poultry & small critters!

We will be setting up at 8am & will let buyers who are not selling in @ 9am. It has always worked well so we can set up without tripping over people. leave when you like [​IMG]

Parking is in the center divide & in the front yeard area

We welcome potluck dishes like always

838 23rd st NW
    winter haven, FL 33881

we are a 45min drive east from Tampa & a 45 min drive west from Orlando. map -----> http://mapq.st/phZpTl

I
    usually get a nice crowd of people & also different breeders. will be advertising on CL, lonesome dove, oliver dalahm, plant city & other areas.

Thanks,
    Heather
    863-221-2238
    http://www.sillysliceofheaven.webs.com
    www.facebook.com/sillysliceofheaven

2. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    also welcome to crafters who make farm stuff or jewelry items [​IMG] Gonna raffel off some stuff, play the chiken poop game.....fun times

3. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
  4. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Looks to be about an hour from me. I may show up to sell just a couple of nice production red hens, just to make room. (I have purchased a few too many lately for variety). Hatched March 23rd and laying.

[​IMG]

5. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Do you have a list of what ppl will be bringing?....I'm getting "rid" of the roo today and that means I have room for a new girl....ssshhh don't tell DW! lol

6. FloridaOE

FloridaOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Lakeland
    i have some Silver Duckwing Old English Bantams, also trio of Crele and some Milles if anyone interested we could bring, probably just go and hang out otherwise, Heather the Belly is growing just from last weeked!

7. K9ThorsMom

K9ThorsMom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2010
    Pinellas County, FL
    I'll be there! Will be looking for a few older pullets / young hens to add to my flock...Looking for a variety of breeds- EE, Amauracanas, white leghorns, standard cochins (anything BUT GL, as I already have one and am looking for color variety), marans, etc. Please let me know what you have and how much you're asking!

I may also be interested in some nesting boxes and the like of anyone makes them inexpensively...

I also have a 7-8 month old RIR rooster that is available that I will bring if anyone is interested. Great with the ladies, but too bad they are his sisters, so I don't want to hatch any eggs from them :-/ Nice looking roo, very protective of his girls, but has to occasionally be reminded that *I'm* at the top of the pecking order a few times as he's maturing...my neighbor's aren't thrilled, but I won't rehome him if anyone is just going to resell him or eat him...(and I don't want him passed home to home, KWIM?) If interested, please let me know...otherwise I won't bring him...

8. FloridaOrangeBird

FloridaOrangeBird New Egg

Mar 13, 2011
    This sounds great. I have the morning off from work, live very close by, and need a few nice layers.

Also, if anyone wants a black young Silkie Rooster, I have one that needs a good home. He wasnt supposed to be a "he" lol. Just let me know and I will bring him to the swap meet.

Maria

9. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    I can come! [​IMG]

I will be bringing a Sex-Link rooster (White Plymouth Rock x Rhode Island Red); click on pics to make them bigger:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've decided to keep my Pyncheons; I was working in their pen today and realized how much I would miss them! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  10. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

What would I get if I mixed a pyncheon bantam with a serama? Hmm.... I might like one or two pullets.

Anyone want 2-3 Production reds (pictured above), they are laying every day but I have too many for the coop I built. $10?? Also, anyone interested in OEGB mixes? i have two that aren't working out for me. They're a black with clean legs and a black and brown with feathered legs. I think the fist is a pullet and the second could be a cockerel. Can't remember how old they are, but they're youngish, like 3 months. Cute, and they aren't afraid of humans but don't like to sit with you or anything cutesy like that. Will post picture later if I remember. $3 each.

Just trying to figure out whether it's worth it to bring anything to sell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by