October Hatching ... How many are in? I'm due to hatch on 10/17

I should be setting my 2 dz silke eggs on Thursday and lock down on the 18th, due to hatch on the 21st. So I am in. I am a first timer using a Hova-Bator 1602 with auto turner and fan kit. I plan to sit on this incubator like a broody hen. Which bator are you using? What do you have in there? Good luck with your hatch.

Me, really staggered hatch though. Seramas n quail due next week, then more seramas... Got quail eggs Inc too haha

Ive got 'chucklings' (ducklings hatched by a chicken) due on the 22nd...
Im excited, its my first 'experimental' incubation.

Oh, I'll be all over the month of October! 7 eggs here, 7 eggs there, another 7 over here, and 7 back there, plus 18 more in a 5th 'bator. Oh, yah, and 3 in an R-COM 'bator... plus I ordered another 24-egg 'bator which I bet will arrive in time to load up and hatch before the end of October.

Trust me, I'm still new at this, just ... ummmm..... enthusiastic about it!

I'm in! I set 14 EE eggs in my incubator due 10/18. I'm also doing a lot of workin the yard to prepare for the chickens & a small winter garden. Sooo excited
smile.png

I've got 12 eggs (so far hehe) in a brinsea octogan 20 DX with manual turn. I have an autoturn cradle, but it doesn't seem to work and the manual turn is so easy and gives me something to do ... otherwise I do nothing with this incubator! I love it! And to turn it I don't even have to open it just shift the whole incubator back or forward.

Mine are due to hatch on the 9th. I candled last night and culled 9 eggs. I started with 45 eggs (miss-counted thought the turner held 41 but it is 42) 24 were RIR and the rest were Partridge and Silverlaced Cochins. I now have 36 left. Hopefully most of the remaining eggs hatch!

Back
Top Bottom