October Hatching ... How many are in? I'm due to hatch on 10/17

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by criker99, Sep 28, 2010.

1. criker99

criker99 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Washington State
    I set my latest 12 eggs yesterday, so I'm due to lockdown on 10/14 and hatch on 10/17! I'm so excited!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    I should be setting my 2 dz silke eggs on Thursday and lock down on the 18th, due to hatch on the 21st. So I am in. I am a first timer using a Hova-Bator 1602 with auto turner and fan kit. I plan to sit on this incubator like a broody hen. Which bator are you using? What do you have in there? Good luck with your hatch.

3. Nekhebet

Nekhebet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Erie
    Me, really staggered hatch though. Seramas n quail due next week, then more seramas... Got quail eggs Inc too haha

4. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    I set 10 yesterday due oct 18th second time incubating

5. xxSonja

xxSonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    Ive got 'chucklings' (ducklings hatched by a chicken) due on the 22nd...
    Im excited, its my first 'experimental' incubation.

6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    I put 8 under a broody a week ago - two Ameraucana and six Blue Plymouth Rocks. Due the 8th! First timer - so excited!

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, I'll be all over the month of October! 7 eggs here, 7 eggs there, another 7 over here, and 7 back there, plus 18 more in a 5th 'bator. Oh, yah, and 3 in an R-COM 'bator... plus I ordered another 24-egg 'bator which I bet will arrive in time to load up and hatch before the end of October.

Trust me, I'm still new at this, just ... ummmm..... enthusiastic about it!

8. j'schicks

j'schicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2010
    Sonoma
    I'm in! I set 14 EE eggs in my incubator due 10/18. I'm also doing a lot of workin the yard to prepare for the chickens & a small winter garden. Sooo excited [​IMG]

9. criker99

criker99 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Washington State
    I've got 12 eggs (so far hehe) in a brinsea octogan 20 DX with manual turn. I have an autoturn cradle, but it doesn't seem to work and the manual turn is so easy and gives me something to do ... otherwise I do nothing with this incubator! I love it! And to turn it I don't even have to open it just shift the whole incubator back or forward.

10. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    Mine are due to hatch on the 9th. I candled last night and culled 9 eggs. I started with 45 eggs (miss-counted thought the turner held 41 but it is 42) 24 were RIR and the rest were Partridge and Silverlaced Cochins. I now have 36 left. Hopefully most of the remaining eggs hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by