Ocular marek's... Can anyone give me hope?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MaggieP, Nov 29, 2014.

1. MaggieP

MaggieP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2014
    I have a 9 month old Silver Laced Wyandotte and about 2 weeks ago she started showing signs of ocular marek's. I have a necropsy that I'm waiting on the results for a New Hampshire Red that was 9 weeks old that died October 15. The vet and I did everything we could for her but she didn't make it. I'm absolutely heartbroken. My SLW is the best most friendliest chicken I have. My chickens are pets and I need a shred of hope for her. I haven't been able to find a survivor story. I just want to know if it's a possibility. I should also note that I haven't seen a single change in her behavior and she is the head hen. Still eating, drinking, laying, and bossing everyone around as usual. She has the most amazing personality. I have a hen house with a 4x6 run attached to a 8x16 run and they free range during the day. I have 4 girls a barred rock, New Hampshire red and 2 black stars (4 months) a cuckoo maran rooster (4 months) and my Silver laced Wyandotte hen (9 months). Thanks for taking the time to read this. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Sorry about your hen. Casportpony has several chickens with ocular Mareks, so she would be a good one to ask about this.

3. MaggieP

Jul 13, 2014
    Th

4. MaggieP

Jul 13, 2014
    Meant to write thanks eggcessive...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by