1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Odd Bald Spot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by celtic kiss, Mar 30, 2016.

1. celtic kiss

celtic kiss Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2016
    Idaho
    [​IMG] I don't know what's wrong with this hen. We are thinking that the rooster is the guilty party and out of 14 hens she is the only one that is like this. Thank you in advance for any help. :)

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Yes it looks like she must be his favorite. I would remove her from the flock and see if Romeo can find a couple new girlfriends and give Juliet a break. They also make saddles that you can put on your hen to protect her back. You can make one yourself easily enough.
    After several days separation and with a new saddle you can put her back in with the flock. Hopefully Romeo leaves Juliet a little more alone after that.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  3. I agree with OrganicFarmWife, separate her from the others before she either gets hurt more or the others start pecking her. Hope she recovers soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by