Odd bird behaviour...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LCARTER87, Feb 21, 2012.

1. LCARTER87

LCARTER87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I have a frizzle bantam hen who has been wheezing for about 3 months now, we have tried everything for her, tylan, duramycin and she just keeps wheezing, we decided to put her back outside with the rest of the flock, no one has gotten anything from her (its been at least 2 weeks) And she still is wheezing. She acts fine, runs around with the other girls, lays eggs for us, everything under the sun she does like a normal hen! Except her wheezing, I have noticed she doesnt have much of a voice anymore either, has anyone ever experianced this? She doesnt seem like she is in pain, i just wonder if this is how she is now! Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Is her abdomen swollen? If it is, the fluid buildup could be pushing on all her organs, causing her to have trouble breathing.

3. LCARTER87

LCARTER87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    It's hard to tell, she feels fine, eating and drinking fine, her crop is full, then it is not. But when I am holding her and feel her breathing I do feel a crack almost at times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by