1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

'ODD BIRD' blues ;)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Oct 10, 2007.

1. This little blue one came from a Naked Neck egg. The hen must have gotten tagged by a Barred Rock roo
    (Come to think of it, Jenn hatched one from a NN egg that looked like a BR at hatch, must have come from that same wandering NN hen).
    The barring isn't as distinct as it was when it first started feathering, but it's for sure barred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another 'ODD BIRD' blue chick --- dark skin, naked neck, regular feathers, and should have a nice big crest.

[​IMG]

And just cause I think they're odd and unusual, a leopard-print chick:

[​IMG]

It's a Campine [​IMG]

Lisa

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Those are adorable. The naked neck one is a cutie. [​IMG]

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Those are adorable. Especially the NN. My husband says it would be like having our own little buzzard running around the yard LOL. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That first one is REALLY cool and interesting! Thanks for posting it.

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Thy are all too cute!
    Hey at least the barred has really good toes placement! Keep him/her and Cuckoo Naked Necks could be in your future! [​IMG]
    Naked Necks are just too funny and cute. That Campine is cool looking, too. Never seen a chick with that pattern.

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    [​IMG] Way to go Lisa!

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    AWWWWWW, I want one!

8. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    They are so cute! That NN is simply ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing

9. Thanks! I wish the little blue NN was a cockerel, but i'm pretty sure she's a she.
    The blue barred cross is almost certainly a cockerel and that's good. I can use him for a 'bridge cross' back to Barred Rock hens.
    I sold all my BRs except for my breeders and my 2 old
    old hens (everything from from week-olds to teenagers) today and 20 Ameraucana cross pullets that will be blue/green egg layers. 5 pet quality Silkie hens and and several just mixed-breed- but cute hens.
    For $8.00 each except the week-old chicks were $2.00 each.
    *insert big smile*
    Usually I ask at least $10. for a laying age girl, but in that quantity, I was happy to see them go to another home.
    And nobody wanted my dearly beloved Naked Necks. Boo Hoo , I have to keep them all for myself.
    Lisa

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, Miss Lisa's in the money today! Great! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by