Azafran

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
So I have 3 (approx 2 days old) bobwhite quail in an impeccably clean brooder. They’re eating and drinking fine and there’s no strange behaviour coming from any of them. However I’ve found several unique runny droppings on the floor with a yellowish tinge (see photo) they different from the other drier brown droppings im seeing. I’m yet to identify the bird that it’s coming from but none of them are showing any of the signs of illness: lack of food or water intake, droopy wings, ‘fluffed up’. They all seem content and lively.
Should I be worried, and if so, what do I do?
(UK)
78487063-CB6E-4429-A909-74285B5F3B6F.jpeg

It sounds like a cecal poop-- which happens about every 5 time with birds.

Are they all still acting normal?

It sounds like a cecal poop-- which happens about every 5 time with birds.

Are they all still acting normal?

yes! Thank you for the reply! I guessed it was a cecal poop after reading some people’s comments on quail droppings in general. I hadn’t a clue what this was before (I’m completely new to all this) & since the chicks weren’t acting sick I thought I’d just keep an eye on them and they're all well and healthy!

yes! Thank you for the reply! I guessed it was a cecal poop after reading some people’s comments on quail droppings in general. I hadn’t a clue what this was before (I’m completely new to all this) & since the chicks weren’t acting sick I thought I’d just keep an eye on them and they're all well and healthy!
Cecal poop is weird! and does cause concern when we first start raising poultry.

It is good to hear that they are doing well

Back
Top Bottom