Odd Chicken Dream..Or I Have Chickens On The Brain

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by deb1, Aug 2, 2008.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I had a very strange chicken dream a couple days ago.

I dreamed that my hubby removed some of our incubating eggs because they couldn't reach the correct temparture. He then smooshed the eggs like marshmallows between graham crackers and tied them shut. He put the chicken s'more in our closet. When they hatched, I was frightened of them because I knew that they were evil chickens.[​IMG]

So tell me, how crazy have I become.[​IMG]

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    What do you mean crazy? Doesn't everyone have smooshed eggs in the closet dreams? [​IMG]

Last year someone else was talking about how much we have chickens on the brain, and I came up with this....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    [​IMG] That's really cute. Last year in one of my classes, they wanted us to make maps of our hearts. If only I'd had chickens then, my teachers would be like "WHAT? Why is their a weird bird on your paper?"[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I am glad that I am not the only crazy person here.[​IMG]

5. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    I dream about my chickens all the time. It is an obsession, you know...

6. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    ha ha ha ha!! That is so funny.. . Now go eat some chocolate!

7. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I can pretend that I am eating up those evil dark chickens.[​IMG]

8. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    We have a dog that is a little jealous of our chicks. I dreamed he WAS a chicken (same coloring as he has now) and was roosting in the coop. When I went to see him, he flew away high into a tree. I was cllaing him back but he wouldn't come.

That was a weird dream!

9. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    That is far more amusing than my usual chicken dream (nightmare!) of going out to check on my girls and having every single one of them turned into roosters, crowing their heads off [​IMG]

10. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    O.K., read this before I went out to check on the turks. The chickens growled at me from their coop as I walked past. The s'mores(sp?) in your post spread the contagion [​IMG]. BAD DREAM:

had a very strange chicken dream a couple days ago.

I dreamed that my hubby removed some of our incubating eggs because they couldn't reach the correct temparture. He then smooshed the eggs like marshmallows between graham crackers and tied them shut. He put the chicken s'more in our closet. When they hatched, I was frightened of them because I knew that they were evil chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by