1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

odd color bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BEDUB RANCH, May 23, 2016.

1. BEDUB RANCH

BEDUB RANCH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any suggestions on what breed this bantam is? Odd colors too. White with grey spots. And slate legs. Cockerel?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm having a hard time with the breed....could it be an OEGB? Also, gender depends on how old the bird is. [​IMG] I kind of think it looks like a splash coloration, myself. Beautiful! [​IMG]

~Alex

3. BEDUB RANCH

BEDUB RANCH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    Awe thank you;) it is a cutie:) it's just much bigger than the other oegb that's why I wasn't too sure. . Lol unless the other one isn't even a oegb, which could def be the case. Here's a pic with them close together

[​IMG]

4. JaeG

JaeG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Maybe your tiny one is a serama bantam. Just a thought. We love our oegb's, if that's in fact what your handsome fellow is. You might have to wait until he's a bit older then post his picture again.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Not a serama, wrong body type, tail set, wings set, etc. but a little doll whatever he is.

6. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    He is a sport, most likely an OEGB... sport is the same as what other breeds call splash, product of breeding blue to blue... cockerel for sure...

Your smaller one is a pullet... looks like either a black breasted red, silver duckwing or gold duckwing... when young, those 3 colors look similar so may have to wait til she finishes filling out to tell color...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by