odd color bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BEDUB RANCH, May 23, 2016.

1. BEDUB RANCH

BEDUB RANCH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any suggestions on what breed this bantam is? Odd colors too. White with grey spots. And slate legs. Cockerel?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm having a hard time with the breed....could it be an OEGB? Also, gender depends on how old the bird is. [​IMG] I kind of think it looks like a splash coloration, myself. Beautiful! [​IMG]

~Alex

3. BEDUB RANCH

BEDUB RANCH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    Awe thank you;) it is a cutie:) it's just much bigger than the other oegb that's why I wasn't too sure. . Lol unless the other one isn't even a oegb, which could def be the case. Here's a pic with them close together

[​IMG]

4. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Maybe your tiny one is a serama bantam. Just a thought. We love our oegb's, if that's in fact what your handsome fellow is. You might have to wait until he's a bit older then post his picture again.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Not a serama, wrong body type, tail set, wings set, etc. but a little doll whatever he is.

6. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    He is a sport, most likely an OEGB... sport is the same as what other breeds call splash, product of breeding blue to blue... cockerel for sure...

Your smaller one is a pullet... looks like either a black breasted red, silver duckwing or gold duckwing... when young, those 3 colors look similar so may have to wait til she finishes filling out to tell color...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by