1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Odd coloration on hens comb

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cheekiechickie, Jul 24, 2016.

1. cheekiechickie

cheekiechickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2015
    [​IMG]
    My sweet girl, Maple, had some very minor frostbite this last winter, and made a full recovery. But today I noticed her comb is darkening. We have had some very hot weather this last week with high humidity- can this be a cause? I take them out ice water and cool treats throughout the day, so really not sure what's going on here.

2. cheekiechickie

Mar 2, 2015
    Today I can still see some discoloration, but it's not quite as bad. I still don't know what's going on. I haven't changed anything, but it is not quite as humid today. Can anyone tell me why her comb is darkening?

3. PonyRaindrop

PonyRaindrop Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
  4. cheekiechickie

Mar 2, 2015
    Thanks. I went through those and am heading to town looking for the trramycon and probiotics. It will be nice to have those on hand. I am not sure any of those is quite what she has. Her comb does look better today and she has not been lathargic, vent clean, inside of beak has no gray or white spots. No lice either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by