Odd looking egg from young chicks

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
We have 3 australorps that are about 4.5 months and one or two have started laying and 4 sapphire gems that are about 3.5, almost 4 months old. We've been getting roughly an egg a day for about two weeks. Today we had one of our normal looking small brown eggs in a nesting box and then in the middle of the roost, down in the bedding, I found this egg. I rinsed it a little as it was covered in straw and pine shavings but it's white instead of brown and covered in this yellow substance that looks like a dried sticky yolk type substance. No other evidence of another egg laid and maybe eaten. Normal occurrence or lash egg? Opinions/thoughts please

Attachments

• 20220716_160927.jpg
    20220716_160927.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 12
We have 3 australorps that are about 4.5 months and one or two have started laying and 4 sapphire gems that are about 3.5, almost 4 months old. We've been getting roughly an egg a day for about two weeks. Today we had one of our normal looking small brown eggs in a nesting box and then in the middle of the roost, down in the bedding, I found this egg. I rinsed it a little as it was covered in straw and pine shavings but it's white instead of brown and covered in this yellow substance that looks like a dried sticky yolk type substance. No other evidence of another egg laid and maybe eaten. Normal occurrence or lash egg? Opinions/thoughts please
It's an egg with dried yolk on it.
Someone laid a soft shelled or shell-less egg and it broke getting the contents on the normal egg. Just wash it off.

Back
Top Bottom