1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Odd looking feces

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Fluffy_Feathers, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Fluffy_Feathers

Fluffy_Feathers Chirping

Jul 6, 2017
    About a week ago I found a watery poop on the driveway, then yesterday I saw the same looking poop. The watery part is clear, but it dried white (if that info is important). I want know if that is normal.

My 7 week old puppy ate the first poop, so I'm worried that the chicken might be sick and that might make my puppy sick, although he isn't showing any symptoms of being sick. I try to stop him from eating every poop he finds, but that's like gourmet steak to him :sick

Thanks!

Attached Files:

True Patriot likes this.
  2. staceyj

staceyj Crossing the Road

Jan 1, 2017
    Coastal NC
    My Coop
    Looks like a normal hot weather poop.

I wouldn’t worry about it or the fact that a puppy ate a chicken poop.
    All dogs love chicken poop.

This doesn’t mean you should let him though because he could get sick and he could also pick up parasites.
    At seven weeks though, your puppy has at least two more wormings to go at the vets before he gets his last puppy shots.

True Patriot likes this.
  3. Fluffy_Feathers

Fluffy_Feathers Chirping

Jul 6, 2017
    Phew, that's good! I try like crazy to keep him away from the poop, but it's EVERYWHERE!

staceyj likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: