odd phone call

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I was out all day running errands, and came home to a really odd message on my machine:

"Hello, I'm Jane Doe, and I'm on my way to the farm to get some milk. You said to call before I came out, so I guess I'll try again later."

Umm...okaaaayy! I don't have any milk, much less a farm. [​IMG] LOL If she said she was coming to get eggs, that might make some sense.

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Most likely a wrong number.

3. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Maybe she's a creeper/stalker! haha lol no but seriously that could be bad, I hope she's not! Maybe it was the wrong number and/or she meant eggs or something.

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I'm sure it was a wrong number, but the strangest one I've ever had. [​IMG]

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:I got one years ago... "who this? why you on my man's phone? I know he's not ...." This girl went on for like 2 minutes about why another girl was answering "her man's phone", it was a wrong number but I couldn't get a word in to say so.... Some poor guy got in alot of trouble for that one... [​IMG]

6. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Thats funny [​IMG] The other day DH had my cell, and a girl kept calling and asking for me. He told her I wasn't there, and asked why she was calling. She said she found this number in her husbands jeans with my name written above it... DH told her that she should ask her hubby what it was for, since I'm typically with him every day, and he pretty much knows where I always am. So, she calls back again and says she asked he husband about it, and he of course couldn't remember why he had my number [​IMG] So then I get a call from a girl who needs to re-home her horse, and DH answers the phone. When I'm done talking to the girl, DH says that that was the girl who kept calling asking why her husband had my number in his pocket! I'm still wondering if she realizes I'm the one she kept calling the other day trying to figure out who her hubby was cheating on her with [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Today someone called while I was at work (I'm home alone) asking for my mom. All she said was "My, Kim, this is Cindy. I think you should remember who I am. Call me back some time. I want to chat with you." She left a number. I was creeped out when I heard that.

8. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I must be tired... I was sitting here amazed that someone actually had "Jane Doe" for a name...then it hit me.

DUH. [​IMG]

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    When we had 2 #... one distinct # for our business and one regular # for personal... We had a lot of old people with dementia call and one lady was ornery and if I answered she gruffily say loudly, "Trula?" and I'd say no...and she'd grumble and hang up. If it was my husband that answered she'd say, "Arnie?" and he'd say no, and she'd grumble and hang up. She called multiple times a day.

So I did research and started calling everyone with that last name and wondered if it was any relation to my highschool friend and it was... it was her grandma. I got a hold of my friends mom and asked if she new a G. so and so and she was like, oh no. ha ha ha. Trula and Arnie were her old neighbors and she was now in a nursing home and so this woman, my friend's mom, started threatening her to be nice and to stop calling people so much or she would revoke her phone privileges. I felt somewhat bad because I didn't want to get her in trouble but she was calling upwards of 7 times a day.

Then another sweet lady called and told dh she was scared so he talked to her for an hour. Then at one point she said, who am I talking to? and he said, Wayne...so she kept talking. Turns out she was confused and she also had a son named Wayne. Dear soul. She called several times to and we had fun talking with her as she reminisced about the old days and when she immigrated here and how she rode the trolly to the hospital to have a baby... We even had plans to meet her and bring her muffins and have coffee but when Wayne called her son picked up and did not take our kindness well after we explained the situation. Turns out the home she said she lived in... she wasn't there anymore either so we would have showed up at the wrong house anyway. It would have been her old home. What a dear sweet lady she was. Wonder what ever happened with her?

Then one day we got a phone call from the band instructor from the high school and she played taps at my dads funeral so we know each other at any rate. She was like, this is so weird how I called this number....And I laughed and told her it was ok, we get a lot of calls from old people with dementia... aha ha ha ha. She did not like that answer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by