odd poop, worried by 1 death

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by eggluvr, Jul 18, 2011.

1. eggluvr

eggluvr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Hello i am very new to this site, so i unforturnately can not post a picture which would help! one of my girls has passed and odd looking bm. it is runny and lite brown with 2 green things in it (non moving). i did have one bantam die on saturday so i am super worried. (i don't know why she died) i have 2 (1.5 year old) bantam, my younger girls r 1 isa brown, 1 barred rock, 1 frizzle! don't know if they have been vaccinated or anything. New to the whole thing. love fresh eggs tho.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
  3. eggluvr

eggluvr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    wow thanks that was super helpful and a good reference to have! It looks like it could be ceacal? tho i don't know what the green things r? if i take a sample to the vet they will charge $23 just to look and decide what it is :O
    if i believe it is this how do i treat? is anyone out there brave enough to let me email a pic to see what someone might think???? thank you to all of the poultry enthusiasts out there

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:In my opinion, it would be worth the $23 to let the vet take a look under the microscope at a poop sample and let you know what you're dealing with. Then, you can treat accordingly. Green poop usually means 2 things; that the chicken isnt eating enough and excreting bile. The other is that it is a bacterial infection.

5. @FendiChick

@FendiChick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2010
    Thank you for posting the link to the chart! Very helpful, one of my three had a poop in which they shed intenstinal lining- just like the photograph showed. So, so happy that there's no cause for concern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by