Odd question....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by iwannaduckie, May 31, 2010.

1. iwannaduckie

iwannaduckie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    What color combinations would I get if I had a pen with serveral different colors of Cochins? I love Cochins, but cannot pick one color. I'd like a hen of every color except Buff, and a Splash roo to cover them. I know the possibilities are endless, but has anyone even done this, and if you have what did you get out of them? Thanks!

2. iwannaduckie

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    ...bump??

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I have no Idea, but mutts chickens are the best.

4. iwannaduckie

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    [​IMG] I agree, I like surpizes, but I'm still hoping someone else may have done this before lol

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    A lot of folks mix colours; the more you do so, the less predictable unless you have a plan and a bit of genetics knowledge. If you are mixing for your own enjoyment--go for it! If you plan to sell chicks or hatching eggs, be very explicit to your purchasers that your birds are not bred to standard, and are from mixed pens.

6. iwannaduckie

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    Sonoran Silkies - Of course! [​IMG] I'd just really love to see if anyone got any really wacky colors, and if they turned out nicely, how to possibly get that color again. But mostly, I love cochins, and chicken colors, and would like to see some!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by