Odd Silkie behaviour

Dravus

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 4, 2018
Lancashire, England
I don't really know all that much about chicken behaviour as a whole but my Tobi (White Silkie) shows off some rather amusing behaviour

occassionally when cleaning the cage or makeshift run that I house him in....he tends to jump around in circles and flap his wings a few times....it's funny but I don't actually know what kind of body language it is....is it a threat display?..just being playful?....I'm not sure

I'm sure some of the lovely folks keeping silkies would be able to better enlighten me as to what my Silkie is up to

My young silkies I have do that a lot, seems to be a play thing. When one starts, they all end up doing it. Kinda funny. I hope you've got or will get a few more. One chicken is a lonely Chicken.

My young silkies I have do that a lot, seems to be a play thing. When one starts, they all end up doing it. Kinda funny. I hope you've got or will get a few more. One chicken is a lonely Chicken.

unfortunately my Tobi was the only hatch from my incubation of 6 eggs...I seem to have very poor luck in hatching my eggs

I do give him lots of attention and cuddles though to try and keep him happy

Back
Top Bottom