Odd tasting eggs

LeviParker

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Oklahoma
I made some scrambled eggs with ham this morning. I finished cooking them and they smelled rubbery. I took one bite and it was awful! It Tasted and smelled like rubber. I cannot think of anything that would affect the eggs that they are eating. I suspected the ham but it smelled fine and was cooked earlier this week. My only other idea is that the dark eggs I get from what I think is my welsumer are filled with a lot of what I assumed was material in the oviduct. I'll try to attatch a picture so you can see. Would these extra particles cause a bad taste?

I made some scrambled eggs with ham this morning. I finished cooking them and they smelled rubbery. I took one bite and it was awful! It Tasted and smelled like rubber. I cannot think of anything that would affect the eggs that they are eating. I suspected the ham but it smelled fine and was cooked earlier this week. My only other idea is that the dark eggs I get from what I think is my welsumer are filled with a lot of what I assumed was material in the oviduct. I'll try to attatch a picture so you can see. Would these extra particles cause a bad taste?
Did you perhaps melt your spatula into the eggs?
idunno.gif

No. i found out what it was! the butter i used was somehow old! we now have made the habit of putting the buyer dish in the fridge just in case. after eating some mashed potatoes that tasted the same as the eggs i concluded that it was the butter!

Back
Top Bottom