OEG babies past ugly stage

Bisqit&Gravy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
My babies were 6 wks on Satuday and no longer ugly. The brown or I guess quail color like dad is getting very pretty!!! The black one is starting to get that green/blue glow to his feathers.

Do ya'll still think roos??

Picture200.jpg

Picture197.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture193.jpg

They are so cute, the ugly phase is so bad glad they can't see themselves. I am not good at telling between boys and girls, but kinda look rooish.

Are those spurs in that first picture? That one really looks like a roo to me but I am not sure. They are good looking chickens though, great job raising them so far!!

Thanks ya'll. Glad ya think they are looking good:D
Geez, how could I not notice the spur looking things??? Looks like spurs in the pic. I'm gonna have to check em out tomorrow.
I think they are both roos eventhough neither is crowing yet. They're in homemade run that is connected to my NN roo's run. I'm not too sure when they start acting like roos but they were challanging Mo(NN) thru it. It got worse today after Mo got a friend. I'm gonna seperate it tomorrow so it's not attached.

Thanks for tat comment. That's my Great Dane we had to put to sleep Dec 3rd of 07' :-( She was only 3 1/2 yrs old. She was a rescue at 3 wks old and signed over to a vet that I worked for. She had kidney disease since she was 6 months old. She's now in a beautiful human bronze urn on my mantle that has orchids on it....I have orchids tatted on the other side of my forearm:) Also have a paw print with a rose on my foot that she stepped on all the time..haha. The hubby did it almost two years ago and now wants to add her name to it.

Back
Top Bottom