OEG Bantams from ideal poultry

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by twindaddy43, Oct 22, 2011.

1. twindaddy43

twindaddy43 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    NE, OK
    Has anyone ordered these from ideal. I am thinking of buying the OEGB assortment and was wondering what your experience was with these. Also would love to see pictures of your birds if you have any.

2. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    I have a pair of Quail OEGBs from them, and I think they're nice looking birds (probably not show quality, but nice lawn candy at any rate). My two are very easily handled and generally friendly (the rooster does pinch fingers on occasion when he doesn't want to be bothered, but still follows me around and is usually tolerant. [​IMG]).

I don't have any really recent pics, but these pics are from a month or so ago, when they were around 15-16 weeks old. The rooster has longer hackle (with more black) and saddle feathers now and more tail feathers, and both are more filled out bodywise. The hen also has a fuller tail now as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    I have always gotten a few OEGB in the bantam special from Ideal, and invariably, they are the only ones that I always keep!

My avatar is a BBR OEGB that I got a year ago from Ideal, she went broody at 4.5 months.

Currently I have a Self Blue OEGB, broody at 7 months old, just hatched out 4 Ameraucanas.

They are the sweetest little hens and the rooster that I have had are very personable and friendly.

[​IMG]

4. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:Is your rooster self-blue? I was thinking that if I ordered any next year, I'd probably get some more OEGBs, maybe self-blue, blue quail, and fawn silver duckwing. There are so many color varieties in the OEGBs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by