1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

oeg bantoms

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by I didn't do it, Apr 10, 2007.

1. I didn't do it

I didn't do it Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    hi i am thinking of getting some oeg banties. is this a broody breed? do they lay good? would they be oky to live with other banties? what are space requiements

2. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Since they are one of the smaller breeds - space is min - except for roo seperation- I have not had a OEG go broody
    but they have good hatch rates and are common in most varieties and colors so Extras mates are usually avail.

3. maggiePI

maggiePI Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    S. Oregon
    I have both the OEG and the Dutch. I love them both - the OEG seem to be noisier than the dutch hens and I have read the dutch lay better, though my OEGs lay well. I do know my dutch went broody alot and I found her at one time almost dead with 15 eggs under her!! She had escaped and hidden and it was during very hot summer weather. I took all her eggs away(they were not fertile) and locked her up to recover. She went broody like 3 x in a year. I love them all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by