OEG personality?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by muddipuppy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    I got an assortment of bantam eggs and ended up with two adorable OEG chickens. I've been researching them and know they were bred to be fighters, does this mean they will ALL be aggressive and not mix well in a flock of mixed hens? Roo's have to go b/c no one can have them around here, but could a female OEG be sweet?

2. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    anyone? i know there are big OEG fans out there.

3. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Most of mine are very mild mannered. In most of my pens now I have 3 - 6 cockerels in the same pen but they were raised together. They like to be held and handled and my favorite used to like riding on my shoulder till the dogs killed him!!

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Most OEG hens are very calm. Some OEG roos have ATTITUDE! Too funny ....until spurred!

5. Splash Giants

Splash Giants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    I keep all my OEG in Trios for breeding. The cockerels can be raised together but once you seperate and dubb them its hard to ever have males together again.I have some that are aggresive and some that are not. I like for my roos to have a little attitude. They seem to show a little better. The females if handled alot are very docile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by