OEGB and OEGB Mixes

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by WildernessLofts, Dec 12, 2013.

1. WildernessLofts

WildernessLofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    I'm getting out of bantams, so I have some "leftovers" to give away.

Two pure OEGB hens. One is a birchen, one is a silver wheaton. The birchen cannot fly due to a rat attack when she was a chick. Would prefer these two to go together as they have lived together their entire lives.

I also have a trio of OEGB crosses. They look a lot like OEGB, but are larger. The rooster was attacked by the neighbor's game rooster two days ago, so he is in a bit of rough shape at the moment. I'm willing to hold the trio until he has healed for whomever is interested. (This isn't why I am giving them away, it's just bad luck that it happened right before I posted the ad.) The roo and one of the hens are two of the sweetest birds I own. Neither of them are afraid to be touched. They pace the pen when I am out there demanding attention and fresh grass. The other hen is kind of crazy, though. Haha.

I've added a picture of two of the OEGB crosses. I'll try to get pics of the others ASAP.

Edit: Added pictures of the others and added a picture of the roo after the attack. He's not in horrible shape. Bloody face and one injured leg. I think he just needs a week or so to recover and he'll be fine.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    what lovely birds. are the 1st and 3rd pic the same roo just after he was beat up? poor thing . unfortunately it is too cold to do any shipping here. i hope he finds a good home

3. WildernessLofts

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    Yep, that's him.

I always forget that the rest of the country is colder than southern Texas. Haha. My 50's seem to be everyone else's 30's or less!

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    right now we dont have a temp. its 0 hahahah

5. WildernessLofts

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    Yikes! I do not envy that!

6. granny hatchet