OEGB + Cochin?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LuvinMyPeeps, Oct 27, 2008.

1. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    What would I get if I crossed an OEGB with a standard Cochin? Is it even possible to mate a bantam roo with a standard cochin? Could he even reach her to mate?

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I dont think they could mate naturally. You would probably have to artificially inseminate them.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh it can be done!! I have a dutch roo and a standard cochin hen. Only about half her eggs were fertile, but they did hatch! How he managed, I will never know!!

The little blue chick in the front is one of hers, I believe. There is one on the left that is blue, who is also surrounded by black/darker chicks!

[​IMG]

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I have a tiny silkie who is second in command in the flock....he waits till the giant cochin gets off a large hen and then he jumps up while she is still in a lowered position. They find a way [​IMG]

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

why would you want to is a better question?

6. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Quote:Hee hee...I don't know that I would, I just have only one roo (OEGB) and a few cochins, so was combining them in my head...then I got to wondering what they would look like - if he could even get to them. He's a sweetie, so at this point I'm not even sure he would go for it - can you say 'whimpy whimpy whimpy' real fast? LOL! [​IMG]

7. joyful-homemaker

joyful-homemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    central ohio
    silly question - what does oegb mean?

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:O= Old
    E= English
    G= Game