1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OEGB Color Confusion

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by ryujinfantasy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ryujinfantasy

ryujinfantasy Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2014
    Wright City
    Hoping someone can put an end to my confusion!
    My Silver Duckwing male red to my BB Red female and resulted in a wide variety of babies. I can identify most of their colors (most are silver with red dilutes) but one in particular strikes me as slightly odd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^^
    This here is my buddy Watanuki. He is approximately 2 months old and is quite different from his darker siblings. He has practically no markings on his face and his head stripe is nearly orange. What color is this considered?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^^
    This is one of Tanuki's sisters. She is the darkest but represents most of the colors of the entire brood. See how different they are? Even the other two roosters aren't as lightly colored as little Watanuki.

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Very pretty coloring. It almost looks like penciling. I look forward to seeing how they turn out. [​IMG]

3. BantamSlave02

BantamSlave02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    At our local fair there was a broody momma (same breed) with a little roo that was that color, but his two sisters were black and blue. They were purebred.

4. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Is it possible either one is a sport? I'd love to see a picture when they're older.

5. ryujinfantasy

ryujinfantasy Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2014
    Wright City
    [​IMG]

Here they are now :) he has very brilliant blue, green, and purple plumage and she is a lovely grey with a tan head :)

6. BantamSlave02

BantamSlave02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    Gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by