OEGB color-What is it??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by willow, Jun 1, 2008.

1. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    I have several pullets and a couple of roos in this color. I like it but what is it?

[​IMG]

2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Is it from Ideal? It is a silver pencilled (as in silver pencilled hamburg)color, if the males are the same I think that Ideal sells campine colored OEGB.

3. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    Yes, I got them from Ideal. I also have gold ones that are marked the same way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  4. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Are the males the same pattern or are they solid white or gold with black in the wings and tail? Or are they patterned like the females?

5. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    You have the Silver campine/Golden campine old english game bantams. I believe Ideal developed them by crossing a Silver campine roo over a OEGB hen etc. however. Im not saying your silver is the silver campine Old englishes. She could be a Silver quil... i would say your other maybe Red quil but she is a bit more orange colored then Red quils. Anyways. if you want to see these breeds im referring to or maybe learn some about OEGBs. http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin/OEGBCA/index.cgi is a good site. the silver quil is in Varieties. on the left side. Red quil-gallery 2nd page. go to unrecognized varieties. Hope i helped.!

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:I am pretty sure Ideal does

7. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Yeah, I just checked Ideal and they have campine colored OEGB. We have some pencilled hamburgs that the females are that color, the males will be black tailed gold or white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by