OEGB in East Texas and Surrounding States

KDailey

Crazy Cochin Lady
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Bronson, Tx
Well the title says it all. I'm looking for Old English Game Bantams in East Texas and the surrounding states (Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana)

I'm looking for good quality birds, maybe not the best you can find in the country but better than decent.

Quote:
What Varieties are you looking for? What ages? Are you willing to pick up? I ask because it will be too hot to ship till late Sept. amybe Oct. and I prefer folks pick up and see the breed stock the birds came from, it allows for more questions to get out of the way.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm having a hard time deciding exactly what variety due to the fact that I haven't seen the greatest examples.

Right now this is what I've got.

This guy was sold to me as a black but he's got the gold color on him so I'm not sure? He's nothing special as far as quality.
IMG_3271.jpg

This girl came with the guy above. She's pretty chunky but her feathers are gorgeous in the light
IMG_3268.jpg

I've got these but I'm not sure they're actually old english. Someone said they are Blue Rosecombs.
IMG_3262.jpg

These next four came from a guy that breeds for show but at the time I wasn't interested in it so I bought the birds that didn't quite meet the mark.

This is my Wheaten hen. I was told this one could actually be shown but that she just may not actually win.
IMG_3261.jpg

My Wheaten rooster
IMG_3260.jpg

Silver duckwing hen. I think they said that she has too much red in her breast or something like that.
IMG_3257.jpg

And the silver duckwing rooster.
IMG_3256.jpg

I'm not even sure that some of these guys are the color I was told they were (aside from the wheaten and duckwing).

What varieties do you have and what is your price range? If I do pickup I would probably want to be buying quite a few birds to make the trip worth while. You're about 7 hours from me. I could make it a road trip with my boyfriend. lol.

I just realized I posted about this twice in this same section. Sorry guys! I thought I did one in the breeders/hatcheries section.

the Blues are definetley rose comb, teh whaeton Pullet is a wheaton, i question the SDW Pullet. the SDW cockrell has a quite a few color flaws.

We raise 10 varieties of OE, unfortunately we do not have anything old enough for your needs at this time, i will check with a few others I know and if they something you may be interested in I will provide you thier contact information.

Ya the told me the SDW roo had color issues. The pullet's picture doesn't really show her color very well. She's actually a silver-y grey color over most of her body with her wings being slightly darker. Her breast is almost white but has red splashed through it.

I'll see if I can't get a better picture.

Back
Top Bottom