OEGB or Welsummer Gender Help Please! Pictures Included

KesslerFlock14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Hi,

I bought this chick as an "Assorted Bantam Straight Run". However, when I went back to the store, I realized that my chick is actually twice the size of the other "Assorted Bantam Straight Run" with the same amount of feathering. So probably not a Bantam.

These pictures are four days old (will get some more tomorrow), the comb seems to have doubled in size and the wattles are more prominent.

A week and a half ago: (for the fluff coloration)

The markings by the eyes are very distinct. The coloration on his/her back will be light brown, white, thin black line, dark brown, thin black line, white, light brown.

I really hope that it's a pullet. I would absolutely love to be wrong and that he/she would be a Bantam.

Any help regarding gender (especially gender) and breed, would be really really helpful. This is my first attempt ever at raising chickens.

Last edited:
[COLOR=000080]Hi, I bought this chick as an "Assorted Bantam Straight Run". However, when I went back to the store, I realized that my chick is actually twice the size of the other "Assorted Bantam Straight Run" with the same amount of feathering. So probably not a Bantam. These pictures are four days old (will get some more tomorrow), the comb seems to have doubled in size and the wattles are more prominent.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [rule] [COLOR=000080]A week and a half ago: (for the fluff coloration)[/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR][COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR][COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR][COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR][COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000080] [/COLOR] [rule][COLOR=000080]The markings by the eyes are very distinct. The coloration on his/her back will be light brown, white, thin black line, dark brown, thin black line, white, light brown. I really hope that it's a pullet. I would absolutely love to be wrong and that he/she would be a Bantam. Any help regarding gender (especially gender) and breed, would be really really helpful. This is my first attempt ever at raising chickens. [/COLOR]
It resembles a welsummer.

Well then.... Um.
I'm definitely a noob at this.
I checked a bunch of pictures out on cacklehatchery.com with the OEGB and a lot of chicks look just like mine :p
I really hope that this is a pullet and if it's a Welsummer Pullet, that's awesome too :D

Well, I tried and failed to take more pictures (need to enlist help tomorrow). However, I learned that my babies like me to sing them to sleep
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom