oegb personality

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by djmooney, May 17, 2009.

1. djmooney

djmooney Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    what is the typicall personality for one of these bantams. would they pick one hens or fight with other standered rooster. would they be [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:Dnice or agressive towards humans?

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    It really depends on the bird. Some are really nice others are agressive. My experience with them has been that the hens are sweet, sweet little ladies. The roos can be agressive but they're only that way if you're messing with their ladies. The fact is they're so small if they do flog you it doesn't hurt. My sister has one that terrorizes her dog. He will cross the yard to attack her poor aussie. He will also fly up on her and her dh's shoulders and sit for a visit.

3. djmooney

May 13, 2009
    that sounds good i halve 10 hens and a rir rooster thats my brothers and would like 3 more 2 oegb hens and a rooster. i just hope the big rooster doesnt pick on him and if he did i hope he would be big enough to defens itself. the do halve ALOT of space in their coop though

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    From what I seen of them they can hold their own. My sister's BA roo is the second in command. Frosty the little guy rules the roost.

5. djmooney

May 13, 2009
    i though they would be fiesty that make me happy. those bantams are so cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by