OEGB pics?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hellafarms, Dec 7, 2009.

1. hellafarms

hellafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

I just got a trio of bb OEGB and want to compare them to others.Does anyone have any pics of theirs?They say that you need to dub the combs and wattles(if your going to show them) is this true?

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The OEGB roosters have to be dubbed or it is a DQ..
    (that is the Comb,wattles and ear lobes)

Chris

3. hellafarms

Quote:Do you dub them close or leave a little on top?I read somewhere that you need to leave a little on top but i like them to be dubbed clean and close like there full size counterparts.

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    [​IMG]
    they need to be dubbed like this
    [​IMG]
    this is my undubbed cockeral (he is just of age to be dubbed)
    [​IMG]
    give your bird vatamin K for three days before the dub, helps the blood clot faster and dramatically reduces the bleeding

5. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    [​IMG]

i think this is a oeg she just started to lay we got six egg out of her so far not fertile do we got no roster for her

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  7. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    As others have said the birds will need to be dubbed. Do you mean Black Breasted Red? If so here is a picture of a rooster, and hen for comparison to your birds. My boy is not dubbed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy your new birds [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  8. hellafarms

Quote:Mine is a perfect match to yours except one of my hens has darker legs

9. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio

Then you should have Black Breasted Red fowl. But, if you are planning to breed or show, I suggest culling the one with darker legs, or just keeping her for a pet. Old English Game should have white legs. There are some exceptions on leg color, depending on the fowls feather color. However. B.B Red birds of this breed, should have white legs.

10. hellafarms

Then you should have Black Breasted Red fowl. But, if you are planning to breed or show, I suggest culling the one with darker legs, or just keeping her for a pet. Old English Game should have white legs. There are some exceptions on leg color, depending on the fowls feather color. However. B.B Red birds of this breed, should have white legs.

Will you be selling any hatching eggs out of your OEGB stock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by