• Cheezle Splat: Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mistletoe: Male

• Custard: Male

• Total voters
Pics
Okaaaaay.... They all died. But know we have three more chicks and I have more questions.

1. Is there any gender tells that can help you with sexing them? Eg, eye liner...?
2. How old are these little ones?
3. How much are they meant to weigh at hatch date, one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 1 1/2 months, and 2 months?
4. Do males have different colouring to the females?
5. What colour are they?

(SORRY! SOOOOOO many photos! 😬 )
I'm so sorry you lost those chicks. That's awful. Did you discover why they died so these aren't destined for the same fate? Whenever my OEGB's were chicks, @RoostersAreAwesome and @tn_artist were so amazing with identifying what I had. Sometimes it takes time to tell with 100% accuracy (once they start to feather in), but they'll probably have a very good idea. I've tagged them and they'll be able to help if they're available. I wish you the best with these chicks. I love OEGB's so much. They're wonderful little birds 💜

Okaaaaay.... They all died. But know we have three more chicks and I have more questions.

1. Is there any gender tells that can help you with sexing them? Eg, eye liner...?
2. How old are these little ones?
3. How much are they meant to weigh at hatch date, one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 1 1/2 months, and 2 months?
4. Do males have different colouring to the females?
5. What colour are they?

(SORRY! SOOOOOO many photos! 😬 )
These look like black breasted reds. They’re about 2 weeks old. You’ll be able to tell which ones are cockerels when the cockerels get black feathers on their chests.

I already have one, Flash, my pfp. She is the sweetest little thing. Her whole story is in this article https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...by-chick-the-hardships-and-the-rewards.77024/ .
I just want to get an OEGB rooster so we can have baby Flashes!
So the roosters are aggressive? Do you reckon that they would be aggressive to a cross breed rooster? He is about the size of a Pekin... or Cochin.
There is no guarantee that he will or will not be aggressive. I just found that my rooster was mean to the other roosters. Usually bantam roosters aren't mean, so I would say go for it! I'd love to see baby Flash's!

My OEGB roosters get along well with each other and don't try to fight with my other yard roosters, except for one. That one is picked on by everyone as he is not one that fights back. He runs away so everyone wants to dominate him, so it's him, not the OEGB roosters. I have no problems at all with the boys acting aggressive towards me. My gold Duckwing has a problem with my 10 year old daughter for some reason. I have no idea what happened but he is so tiny. I usually just pick him up. The boys are separated from the girls so I don't know how they act with hens. I really love OEGB's a lot and hope to always have them

My OEGB roosters get along well with each other and don't try to fight with my other yard roosters, except for one. That one is picked on by everyone as he is not one that fights back. He runs away so everyone wants to dominate him, so it's him, not the OEGB roosters. I have no problems at all with the boys acting aggressive towards me. My gold Duckwing has a problem with my 10 year old daughter for some reason. I have no idea what happened but he is so tiny. I usually just pick him up. The boys are separated from the girls so I don't know how they act with hens. I really love OEGB's a lot and hope to always have them
I thought that OEGB were really ugly, and I told myself that I never wanted to get them.... I was seriously mistaken!

Back
Top Bottom