OEGB/Silkie bantam chicks! Take a look at the cuteness!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sharksandguitars, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    Here are 2 and 3 days old oegb/silkie mixes. The partridge coloring seems to be dominant. Daddy is a tiny oegb and the mother was a buff silkie and possibly a partridge silkie. 2 of the 3 chicks have 5 silkie toes, but all have feathers running to their outside toe. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Lovely Emily

Lovely Emily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Aww! Look at the cuteness! They're just adorable! Look at those little toes!

3. Sharksandguitars

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    They are starting to get a little fluffier... I hope they get some silkiness in with that cuteness![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Lovely Emily

Mar 25, 2012
    I don't want to be a flood in a parade, but they probably wont be silky. The silky trait is recessive, so crosses between an OEGB and aa Silkie would be normal feathered with small rear crests.
    They are soooo cute! One of my best hens is setting on her clutch now! I'll have some of my own cuties in a few weeks!

Emily

5. Sharksandguitars

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    Do you know a good website that provides genetic information on chickens? I have a biology degree so I'd like to get into the grit of it.

6. Sharksandguitars

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    also, I did see pictures of cross silkie to OEGB and her offspring were silkie, just not entirely silkie.

7. Lovely Emily

Mar 25, 2012
    Kippenjungle (run by a fellow BYC member) and Edelras both have ample Genetic information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by