OEGB Weight?

-Flash-

Free Ranging
Sep 15, 2021
NSW, Australia
I've never weighed chickens before. And we got an OEGB chick that was only 18 g be the time it was one week.
Does anyone know how much an OEGB should weigh at hatch, one week, two week, 3 week,1 month, 1 1/2 months, and 2 months?
Thanks!

EDITED TO FIX SPELLING MISTAKE

Last edited:
Actually, does anyone know how much any bantam should weight at those dates?(Cross breeds too!)
I found a thread about it a little while ago...but now I can't find it! 🤷‍♀️

I've got the weight of one of my OEGB roosters whenever he was 5 months old. If I find where I documented the other info, I'll share it with you. I recently upgraded phones and just now realized that this information isn't where I thought it was. All of my OEGB's will soon be 2 years old. RoX was 1lb 12.5ozs
I like to keep track of weights of any Bantams because it doesn't take much to lose them. They're so small and hide illness so well. By the time we realize something is wrong, time can't be wasted. That's my personal opinion. I don't weigh them often but I like to keep a baseline. Anytime I administer a dewormer, I like to make sure my dosing isn't way off.

I've got the weight of one of my OEGB roosters whenever he was 5 months old. If I find where I documented the other info, I'll share it with you. I recently upgraded phones and just now realized that this information isn't where I thought it was. All of my OEGB's will soon be 2 years old. RoX was 1lb 12.5ozs
I like to keep track of weights of any Bantams because it doesn't take much to lose them. They're so small and hide illness so well. By the time we realize something is wrong, time can't be wasted. That's my personal opinion. I don't weigh them often but I like to keep a baseline. Anytime I administer a dewormer, I like to make sure my dosing isn't way off.
Thanks! That is really helpful!

Back
Top Bottom