OEGBantam Pullet Pics Pls?

Raptorchick

Serama-mama
May 21, 2018
Pine Grove, CA
I had a broody serama hen that hatched two pullets, now 5 weeks old.
20190421_151154.jpg

20190421_151159.jpg

20190421_151027.jpg

I was wondering if you guys could help me guess who the father roo was...
Possibilities are:
LilBritches (OEG Bantam): 20190207_113213.jpg
Runey (serama): 20190411_103238.jpg
Patches (serama): 20190412_140750.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of 5week old OEG bantam pullets that I could compare? My boyfriend thinks it was Runey, but Lil Britches looked just like them as a chick.
Thanks ahead :)

How sure are you that both chicks are pullets? The one on the right in the second picture is raising cockeral flags to me. Of course there's always room for error.

Also you can rule out Runey as neither chick is showing barring.

I'm leaning towards the oegb but it's hard to say at this point.
He looks like he has a single copy of the barring gene, so his offspring would have a 50% chance of being barred.

How sure are you that both chicks are pullets? The one on the right in the second picture is raising cockeral flags to me. Of course there's always room for error..
Uh oh... well, just hopeful more than anything :rolleyes:
The frizzle rooster (patches) was the most dominant at the time, but I don't think that would matter... They aren't showing barring, their chest/body feathers look very similar to the hens, kind of chocolate brown, and it seems like they took the downward serama wing, but I've had other serama chicks that stand upright, these two don't. I'm leaning towards oegb, the "raccoon" face stripes look just like what I'm finding on google. The bottom left chick has roundish face stripes, totally unrelated but I thought that was interesting :p
Thanks all!
I really hope they're pullets lol.....

He looks like he has a single copy of the barring gene, so his offspring would have a 50% chance of being barred.

Thanks for pointing that out. Of course I know that it I didn't even think to look of he carried two copies of the gene. He does look like he only carries one copy. So I guess none are ruled out at this point.

Uh oh... well, just hopeful more than anything :rolleyes:
The frizzle rooster (patches) was the most dominant at the time, but I don't think that would matter... They aren't showing barring, their chest/body feathers look very similar to the hens, kind of chocolate brown, and it seems like they took the downward serama wing, but I've had other serama chicks that stand upright, these two don't. I'm leaning towards oegb, the "raccoon" face stripes look just like what I'm finding on google. The bottom left chick has roundish face stripes, totally unrelated but I thought that was interesting :p
Thanks all!
I really hope they're pullets lol.....

I hope they're pullets for you too.

Back
Top Bottom